Fasting and Abstinence
Fasting is to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday by all 18 years of age and older who have not yet celebrated their 59th birthday. On a fast day one full meal is allowed. Two other meals, sufficient to maintain strength, may be taken according to each one’s needs, but together they should not equal another full meal. Abstinence is observed on Ash Wednesday, Good Friday and on all other Fridays of Lent by all 14 years of age and older. On days of abstinence no meat is allowed.
Remember: If your health or your ability to work would be seriously affected, fasting or abstinence does not apply. If in doubt please speak with one of our Priests or Religious Sisters.
Lenten Prayer & Reconciliation Opportunities
- April 15 – 10:30 – 11:30am – Reconciliation
7 – 8pm – Reconciliation
- April 16 – 7 – 8pm – Reconciliation
- April 17 – 6pm – Chrism Mass – St. James Cathedral
- April 18 – 7pm * – Mass of the Lord’s Supper, followed by Adoration until midnight
- April 19 – 10 – 11am – Reconciliation
3pm * – Passion of the Lord
7pm – Stations of the Cross
- April 20 – 12noon – Blessing of the Food
8pm – Easter Vigil
- April 21 – Easter Sunday Masses
Sunrise Mass – 6:30am – Shepherd’s Field
8am – Church
10am – Church and St. Gabriel Life Center
Noon * – Church and St. Gabriel Life Center
Please note: No 5:30pm Mass
*Interpreted for the deaf.