Parish Lenten Mission
Save the date for our Parish Lenten Mission!
Our Parish Lenten Mission will take place March 9th, 10th and 11th; there will be a session at 11am or 7pm each day. Fr. Ricky Manalo, a Paulist Priest, will lead the Mission, entitled – “In These Days of Lenten Journey”.
Our 40 days of Lent prepares us for our 50 days of Easter celebration! In these days when conflict and uncertainty exist in our world, we Catholics have a sacred tradition of always returning to this Lenten journey in order to remind ourselves of our identity with the Triune God and with one another. This mission presents an overview of Christian spirituality within the context of these 90 days, placing particular emphasis on how we come to understand the Body of Christ “on the altar” and the Body of Christ “around the altar.”
How will you Journey with Christ this Lent?
Join us for our many prayer, study and community activities!
- Fri., Feb. 28th – Stations of the Cross and Reconciliation – 7-8pm
- Sat., Feb. 29th – Reconciliation – 3:30-4:30pm
- Wed., March 4th – Reconciliation – 7-8:00pm
- Fri., March 6th – Join us for our Lenten Potato Meal! 5pm and 6pm seating. Click Here to RSVP.
Stations of the Cross/Holy Hour with Reconciliation – 7-8:30pm
- Sat., March 7th – Reconciliation – 3:30-4:30pm
- Mon., March 9th – to Wed., March 11th – Parish Lenten Mission (11am and 7pm talks)
- Fri., March 13th – Stations of the Cross for Seniors – 11am
Stations of the Cross/Reconciliation – 7-8pm
- Sat., March 14th – Reconciliation – 3:30-4:30pm
- Tue., March 17th – Reconciliation – 10-11am
- Wed., March 18th – Reconciliation – 7-8pm
- Fri., March 20th – Stations of the Cross/Reconciliation – 7-8pm
- Sat., March 21st – Reconciliation – 3:30-4:30pm
- Wed., March 25th – Feast of the Annunciation – Living Rosary/Reconciliation7-8pm
- Fri., March 27th – Stations of the Cross for Seniors – 11am
Join us for our Parish Fish Fry! 5pm, 6pm seating. Stations of the Cross/Reconciliation – 7-8pm
- Sat., March 28th – Reconciliation – 3:30-4:30pm
- Tue., March 31st – Reconciliation – 7-8pm
- Wed., April 1st – Reconciliation – 7-8pm
- Fri., April 3rd – Reconciliation – 10-11am. Stations of the Cross/Holy Hour with Reconciliation – 7-8:30pm
- Sat., April 4th – Reconciliation – 3:30-4:30pm
- Sun., April 5th – Palm Sunday
Holy Week Schedule
- Mon., April 6th – Reconciliation – 10-11am and 7-8pm
- Tue., April 7th – Reconciliation – 7-8pm
- Wed., April 8th – Chrism Mass – 6:30pm – St. James Cathedral
- Holy Thursday – 7pm * – Mass of the Lord’s Supper in the Church
followed by Eucharistic Adoration until 11pm in St. Gabriel Life Center
No daily Mass
- Good Friday – Reconciliation – 10-11am
3pm * – Passion of the Lord
7pm – Reflective Stations of the Cross
No daily Mass
- Holy Saturday – Noon – Blessing of Food
8:00pm – Easter Vigil
- Easter Sunday – 6:30am – Sunrise Mass
8:00am – Mass
10am – Mass in Church and St. Gabriel Life Center
Noon * – Mass in Church and St. Gabriel Life Center
* Interpreted for the deaf.
Fasting and Abstinence
Fasting is to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday by all 18 years of age and older who have not yet celebrated their 59th birthday. On a fast day one full meal is allowed. Two other meals, sufficient to maintain strength, may be taken according to each one’s needs, but together they should not equal another full meal. Abstinence is observed on Ash Wednesday, Good Friday and on all other Fridays of Lent by all 14 years of age and older. On days of abstinence no meat is allowed.
Remember: If your health or your ability to work would be seriously affected, fasting or abstinence does not apply. If in doubt please speak with one of our Priests or Religious Sisters.