Faith Formation for Adults
Small Faith Groups
Are you interested in learning more about the Catholic faith? Have you been away from the Church and have questions? Where do you begin to find answers?
Well, you just begin from where you are now!
You are invited to participate in our next Open Door session. Join us in the St. Gabriel Life Center – room B. See the upcoming schedule below and for more information please contact Pete Pronko at 407-869-9472 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Many adults entering the Catholic Church, or those just thinking about it, follow a process known as the RCIA – the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. These RCIA stages are a good model of faith development itself, so they will fit you whether or not you are actually in the RCIA process.
The RCIA process has several distinct stages.
- Inquiry – Open Door: the initial period before you decide to enter the Catholic Church. You’re asking questions and checking it out, but aren’t yet ready to commit.
- Catechumenate: those who decide to enter the Church and are being trained for a life in Christ are called Catechumens, an ancient name from the early Church. In this stage, you’re developing your faith and are being “catechized” – learning the Catechism, or the basic points about Catholic faith and life.
- Purification and Elightenment: The Church will help you focus and intensify your faith as you prepare to commit your life to Christ and be received into the Church at Easter. If you’re following the RCIA process, you’ll go through a beautiful series of Gospel-based meditations during Lent, which is the time frame for this period.
- Initiation itself, the culmination of the whole process! You’re received into the Church during the Easter Vigil Mass, where you’ll receive the Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist.
- Mystagogy: after reception into the Church at Easter, this period lets you reflect and learn more about the mysteries of the Mass and the Sacraments in which you now participate fully.
Get In Touch
Do you have questions? We look forward to speaking with you. Use the email or phone numbers listed below. Thank you!