Annunciation Catholic Church’s Vacation Bible School 2021
Each year, Annunciation’s Vacation Bible School (VBS) is a fun, faith-filled week that kicks off summer vacation for so many of our families. We are excited to announce The Totally Catholic Rocky Railway VBS, June 14th -18th, where kids can discover Jesus’ power can pull them through life’s ups and downs. This year we are modifying our annual VBS to accommodate a limited number of in-person campers and volunteers. We will utilize the parish fields and larger meeting spaces to provide a safe, welcoming environment, while meeting the current CDC & diocesan guidelines
When: June 14th – 18th, 2021
Time: 9am – 12 noon
Who: Rising 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th graders
Cost: $50 per camper
Last Day to Register: The last day to register is May 19th or when we reach capacity. Thank you!
This year will look different from past years. Please review all the changes before registering your child(ren). Registration is non-refundable.
- All participants will be required to wear properly fitted face masks at all times.
- Each crew (group) will be limited to 10 campers and 2 crew leaders.
- Camper drop-off and pick-up will be car line only. No walk-ups. Camper drop-off will begin at 8:30am. Pick-up will begin at 12pm. You will receive specific instructions regarding the flow of the car line one week prior to VBS.
- VBS will open and dismiss from the track and field.
- Campers receive a prepackaged snack each day. If your child(ren), has food allergies, please pack a disposable simple snack for them each day. No coolers or ice packs are permitted. Each camper will receive a cinch sack that they to carry their snack and all supplies for the day.
- Crews will rotate through 6 stations each day.
- Opening Sing & Play Express (Gymnasium & Track and Field)
- Loco Motion Games (Track and Field)
- Bible Adventures (Gymnasium)
- KidVid Cinema (Large Room in the Nazareth Center)
- Imagination Station (St. Mary’s & St. Joseph’s Rooms Nazareth Center)
- Rocky Wrap-Up (Gymnasium & Track and Field)
*Alternative campus locations may be used due to inclement weather.
- Please note: Closing Mass on Friday will take place in the Gymnasium for campers & volunteers only. Friday pick-up will be at 12pm from the Track & Field via car line.
The health and well-being of our campers, volunteers and staff are of the utmost importance and we are taking measures to maintain a safe environment. Therefore, please assess the health of your child(ren) before dropping them off for VBS each day. If your child(ren) is not feeling well or has been exposed to someone with Covid-19 or is displaying symptoms, please keep them home. Thank you for your prayerful care of God’s holy people.
*If registration for your child’s grade is full, email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a wait list. We will notify you if a spot opens up.
This year, due to the limited opportunities for youth volunteers, we are only accepting applications from high school students.
- Eligible volunteers must be in high school. (Rising 9th -12th grades) *Higher grades will be given priority.
- Must be active Annunciation Parishioners.
- Must be available and present each day for VBS. (8am – 1pm)
- Be able to complete online training.
- Volunteers must comply with all safety protocols.
Youth volunteers will be selected based on seniority and past participation. Online applications must be submitted by May 12th. Families will be contacted via email upon acceptance.