Our New Campus Map!
Update April 7, 2013
The South Side driveway is open and the drop off is available for use. The area still needs landscaping and finishing touches. It has created a nice Terrace type area on the South Side of our Church.
Update March 29, 2013
There is still work being done on the South Side of our Church as the new entrance and drop off area is completed. The area behind our Church is open to pedestrian traffic and we are all set up for Easter Sunday:
Update February 20, 2013
Update January 21, 2013
Update December 19, 2012
This is a great aerial photo of the track and field work. You can see the new Portable building and the new road is starting to take shape.
Update December 5, 2012
We have grass on the field and the modular building is starting to be put into place. The modular building will be a multi-purpose building, primarily used for Youth Ministry events.
Update November 5, 2012
Update October 24, 2012
The connecting road behind our church will be closed off starting this weekend and the new connecting road will not be open for up to two months. Pedestrian traffic will still be open behind the church. Fencing will block vehicular traffic.
Update October 8, 2012
Update: September 9, 2012
A lot of work has been completed on the the underground piping and infrastructure for the field. The last three photos show the progress on the entrance off of Montgomery. The tarring should be starting soon.
Update August 13, 2012
The road should be open in the next couple of days in front of the Child Care and Cultural Center. They have started paving today!
Update July 25, 2012
Short Video on the road work in front of the Child Care Center
Update July 20, 2012
Our Track and Field Project is moving along well.
Starting this weekend the road in front of the Child Care, Cultural Center and Gymnasium will be closed to automobile traffic.
The Child Care Center, Cultural Center and Gymnasium will remain open during this phase of construction and the sidewalk will remain open for pedestrian traffic. Automobile traffic will not be allowed through. Thank you for your patience!
Update – July 9, 2012
Short video on the progress on the Track and Field site prep work:
Update – July 1, 2012
Site prep work has begun for the track & field project. Check back for frequent photo updates.
Update – April 27, 2012
Our combined Faith Formation and Parish office is now open! The entrance to the new combined offices is the old Faith Formation entrance next to the main Life Center entrance. The new sign will be in place soon and temporary construction signs are still up to guide you to the entrance.
Please stop by and see the remodel!
Work has started on the new Book & Gift Store location. It will move from the back of the church to the old main Parish Office location.
Look for more Construction updates soon!
Update – April 9, 2012
The Youth Center came down today. The Youth Ministry office has been temporarily moved to the Cultural Center until the new Youth Ministry building is put in place behind the church (see the map above) in the next few months. Let us give thanks for the new that is coming and remember the good work that was accomplished in the Youth Center through the years.
Update – March 20, 2012
Construction began this week on the restructuring of the main church office. Please look for signs directing you around the construction. The Faith Formation office is located in the main office area temporarily.
The main entrance to our church office is being adjusted to make it more accessible and to help unify the overall operation of our Parish Office work. Keep checking back for updates.
Update – March 8, 2012
Photo gallery of the moving of the modulars in preparation for road work.
Check back for frequent updates on our Alive In Christ projects in our Diocese, at San Jose Mission and on our own church campus.
Alive In Christ Power Point – Click on the link to see the power point slides that were shown at all of the masses.
In the Fall of 2009, our parish successfully participated in the Alive in Christ campaign. As you may recall, the campaign was designed to address both the needs of our nine-county Diocese of Orlando as well as initiatives for our community. Through your commitment to selfless stewardship, Annunciation Catholic Church parishioners pledged over $4.7 million towards our goal. To date, $2.2 million has been received, with many of the commitments payable over a five-year period.
Specific Project Updates:
- San Jose Mission: Our parish has entered into a partnership with the San Jose Mission near Barberville, FL to provide multi-purpose facilities for this community located just north of Deland. For years the attendees at San Jose Mission have been trying to raise the funds for space to meet the needs of the local migrant workers and their families. I am pleased to inform you that because of your generosity, Annunciation Catholic Church has contributed $900,000 towards the construction of the 7,500 square foot building which is scheduled to be complete by Spring of 2012 (see photo). This new facility will greatly enhance the ability for our Catholic faith to flourish in the area, and is an investment in the life and dignity of the marginalized. I hope you will join me in a field trip to the San Jose Mission when the dedication takes place, as well as seeking to develop our continued partnership with the San Jose Mission in the future.
- Track and Field Facility: We are currently in the permitting phase with various governmental agencies to provide a Track and Field to be located on 5 acres to the west of the Church building. Soon we will enter into the bidding process and are hoping to commence construction in the winter of 2012 with completion in late summer. The Track and Field will provide our entire community with a place to inspire parishioners of all ages to maintain healthy stewardship of the body. The facility will also allow our community to provide opportunities for gathering and fellowship.
- Parish Campus Road Improvements: Along with the construction of the Track and Field we will be re-aligning the south entrance to the campus (that currently runs along the side of the Church building) as well as the connector road between the north(Life Center) and south (Cultural Center) parking lots. A driveway will be constructed to ensure that those with special needs will be able to conveniently access the Church building.
- Youth Center: A brand new modular building will be placed near the current mulch field to meet the growing needs of our Youth Ministry. The Youth Center will be centrally located and a visible sign of our commitment at Annunciation Catholic Church to ensure that our youth are a vibrant part of our community. The Youth Center will also provide multi-purpose space for community functions. Plans for the Gathering Pavilion originally proposed west of the Church building are on hold as I work with the Facilities Team to consider an alternate vision which will inspire fellowship opportunities such as Donuts and Refreshments before and after Mass and would be conveniently located adjacent to the Church building.
- Diocesan Priorities: The campaign was designed so that a portion of the proceeds for each parish would be shared with the larger Church in order to meet the needs of our growing Diocese. Some of the Diocesan Priorities included: providing an endowment for tuition assistance for Catholic schools, improvements to San Pedro Retreat Center, endowments to provide future training for clergy and lay leaders, and assistance for Catholic Campus Ministry… just to name a few. Bishop Noonan is continuing to evaluate the various priorities set forth and is committed to carrying forth the vision of the campaign.