Dear Friends in Christ,
The 2012 Fall Festival has arrived! For months the Fall Festival Leadership Team has been planning this weekend and ensuring that there is something for everyone. The North Parking Lot and Life Center have been transformed into a great atmosphere of fun, fellowship and delicious food. Please remember that the proceeds from the Fall Festival are donated to various charities. I am most grateful to:
- all who have been involved in planning the 2012 Fall Festival.
- our generous donors for the auction, raffle and other areas.
- everyone who has graciously offered time and talent in selfless stewardship working in a booth or other responsibility.
- all who attend and offer their generosity to ensure the success of the Fall Festival.
- those who have prayed for the success of the Fall Festival.
This past Thursday, October 11, Pope Benedict XVI proclaimed the beginning of a Year of Faith. Stay tuned and visit our website (www.annunciationorlando.org) or check out the inside cover of the bulletin on a regular basis for updates regarding our local activities as we commemorate the 50th anniversary of the opening of the Second Vatican Council and also the 20th anniversary of the publishing of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. May you seek quiet moments with the Lord to Remember… to Celebrate… and to Believe in the beauty of our Catholic faith.
Fr. Mark Wajda is doing well in his temporary assignment in Leesburg and he sends his regards. Earlier in the week he mentioned that he was hoping to visit the Fall Festival at some point, so I hope you have the opportunity to speak with him. When you come before the Lord this week in prayer, please pray the Priests and Religious Sisters of our parish. Know that we will remember you, your loved ones and your intentions in our prayers. We may not see each other each day but may we meet each day in our prayers!
Very Rev. Stephen D. Parkes, V.F.